Google is bringing in many new features and improvements to Gmail and one such improvement is to bring Hangouts to Gmail. Instead of different versions of chat, video chat and calling across Google products, like Gmail, Hangouts gives you one consistent way to connect with other Gmail users. So with this new Gmail Hangouts feature you now have the option to switch from the current version of chat to Hangouts. With Gmail Hangouts, you will also be able to quickly send messages, have video calls with up to ten people at once, and share photos. Hangouts will be available in Gmail, Google+, Android Phones and Tablets, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch and as a Windows, Mac or Linux desktop application using the Chrome extension.
Enable Hangouts in Gmail
- Click your profile photo at the top of your Chat list from your Gmail.com Inbox page.
- Click Try the new Hangouts.
- Gmail will refresh, and you will be able to start using Hangouts.
Turn off Hangouts in Gmail and Use Old Gmail chat
- In Hangouts in Gmail, click on your name.
- Select Revert to old Chat.
- Gmail will refresh and will be going back to the old Gmail Chat.