www.Gmail.com Login help, Gmail.com Sign up and Gmail Sign in Inbox Page help. Guide on how to install Gmail Offline for Google Chrome.
Like Google Docs, Gmail provides users with the ability to access content offline. However, where Docs just lets you view files, Gmail allows you to edit emails without an active Internet connection when signed in through Google Chrome. Viewing and searching messages happens in real time, while sent messages are stored and fired off when you reconnect to the web. To use Gmail offline with Google Chrome, you will need to install a new app. To install the app:
- Go to the app’s page in the Google Chrome web store.
- Install the offline Google Mail browser app.
- Make sure Allow offline mail is selected under Allow offline mail.
- Click Continue.
Gmail automatically sets a date range depending on how much mail you have in your account to avoid caching several GB of data. To choose manually how much recent mail and which labels Gmail offline keeps on your computer:
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail.
- Go to the Offline tab.
- Pick how much back you want to have all mail available offline under Recent message range:
- Click Change Label Settings to pick a different timeframe for individual labels.
- Choose a maximum file size for attachments to keep offline under Specify maximum attachment size.
- Click Save changes.