www.Gmail.com users can use Google Tasks to create lists of items, set due dates and notes and even add Gmail messages directly to Tasks. To use Google Tasks in Gmail, click the down arrow next to Gmail in the top left corner of your www.Gmail.com Inbox and choose Tasks.
Gmail users can use Google Tasks to keep track of the things they need. Gmail users can create lists of items, set due dates and notes, and even add www.Gmail.com messages directly to Tasks. By using Tasks, you can maintain track of the things you need to do. When you enable Tasks in Gmail, you are adding a to do list that becomes visible inside your www.Gmail.com account.
If you would like to add the Tasks feature to your Gmail.com account follow the instructions:
- Open your Gmail account and click Settings from the top right.
- Click on the Labs tab.
- Tasks will be listed as the second Gmail Labs option. Click Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- It will open up a blank box where you can type your to do lists.
- To minimize your Tasks box, simply click the minimize button.
- To close the Tasks box, click on the X. You can always open back up your Tasks list by clicking on Tasks under contacts.
You can also create a task directly from an email item. Open a mail message and click on the More actions drop box. Select Add to Tasks. You can reorder your tasks by clicking and dragging on the little area to the left of the check box on an item.