If you can’t remember the login password of your Gmail account, there is a still chance that you can easily recover your lost password, as long as the password is stored in your computer by the email software or by the Web browser that you use.
To reset your forgotten Gmail password:
- Make sure you either have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or you have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.
- Follow the can’t access your account? Link from the Gmail login page.
- Make sure I forgot my password is selected.
- Type your full Gmail address under Email address and click Continue.
- If you have secondary email address for recovery:
- Make sure the desired email address is selected following Get a password link at my recovery email: under how to get back into your account and click Continue.
- Open the Google Password Assistance message in the selected email account from Google Account Recovery.
- Follow the link under to initiate the password reset process for your Google Account.
If you have set up a security question for Gmail password recovery: Make sure Answer my question is selected under Choose how to get back into your account. Type the answer to your recovery question following the question.
If you have set up phone number for account recovery: Make sure desired phone number is selected following Get a verification code on my phone. Type the verification code from the text message on the Google Account Recovery page. Click Continue. Enter the desired new password and Re-enter the password. Then click Reset password.