Once you have created a label, you can view all the messages with that label by searching, or by clicking the name along the left side of any Apps mail page. Gmail offers wonderful feature called labels to organize the emails. You can start using labels to organize your email to make it easier to find the messages related to topics of your choosing. You can edit a label through both the labels list or the labels tab of your Gmail settings. You can also change a label name without impacting the messages associated with the label. All the messages categorized under your old label name will now be categorized under your new label.
To edit a label through your labels list, follow these steps:
- Click the square to the left of a label in your Labels list. A color palette opens.
- Select the Rename at the bottom of the palette.
- Enter the new label name, and click OK.
To edit a label through the Labels tab of your Apps mail settings, follow these steps:
- Click the Settings link on the top of any Apps mail page.
- Select the Labels tab.
- Hover over the current label name and click on the name. A cursor should appear that allows you to edit the current label name.
- Click away from the label name and the edited name will be saved and updated.