Disable Gmail 2-Step Verification

by www.Gmail.com Login Team on 21 February, 2013

To disable 2- Step verification, visit the using 2-step verification page under your Google Account Settings.

• Sign in to www.gmail.com with your username, password and verification code if prompted.
  • Click Turn off 2- Step verification.
  • A pop- up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2- step verification.
  • Click OK.

2-step verification

If you used application specific passwords to authorize applications to access your Google Account, it recommends you to go back to using passwords rather than application specific passwords to access these applications. In this way you can revoke your application specific passwords so nobody else can use them. Visit the Authorizing applications and sites page under your Goolge Account Settings. Click Revoke for any application or device whose code you want to revoke. For each application that you revoked an application specific password, you will need to reauthorize the application by entering your username and password, as you did before you turned on 2 step verification. You might not be prompted for this information the next time you use the application as some applications will take longer to recognized that an application specific password has been revoked.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Ishmail Monnasera Moremi February 22, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Pls help with my password for my email add

Adeogo February 24, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I cant acess mine email again.Giving me wrong password

merdella chippewa March 7, 2013 at 4:06 am

I am not able to log in with my account. Forgot password. I have relocated and have a totally new number 918-805-0806, in Oklahoma. Will someone contact me or help me to add this number to my account and help me do what I gotta do to get into my account? I’ve been trying for three weeks! Please!

SHIVANANDA.GC March 17, 2013 at 4:43 pm

yes me too facing the same problem,,it is the tragedy of my life,,please google help me also,,dont worry sir everything will be ok

Wallace C. Kirby March 19, 2013 at 4:25 am

I forgot my password and have been trying for weeks to get back into my skirby4497@gmail.com Email account. I have tried and everyone I know has tried to help me regain access to the account. We have read and followed the Google posted 2 step instructions, and all other instructions, but can not find; the one simple key to, I have no access to my back up phone and have changed my primary phone carrier and the (Old phone # 903-343- 3358) no longer works. I wish to give my New Number to the Account 2 step to gain access, which I hesitate to post for obvious reason, so I can get back into my account. Please Help, One other thing, when ask where my Father was born? A question, which I for sure have not forgotten! The system has insisted I did not know. I may have place something improper in the answer, but do not think I would have done so. But not remembering is not a strong suit of late. My Password is an example of such weak memory, this could be the case. Thanks for any help given in resolving this matter.

mahijahangir July 30, 2013 at 10:06 pm

google

mahijahangir July 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm

i wants to creat gmail account