To add a new contact in Gmail, follow these steps:
- Open your Contacts list by clicking Gmail in the top left corner of your Gmail www.gmail.com page, then choose contacts.
- If you are a Google Apps user, click Mail and then contacts.
- Click new Contacts button in the top left corner.
- Enter your contact’s information in the appropriate fields.
- Any information you add will save automatically.
- If you want to add more contact details you can click on add button and enter the information you want to add.
- You can also add notes to the contact, you can write to the box at right of the contact detail.
Email addresses are automatically added to your contacts list each time you use the reply, reply to all, or forward functions to send mail addresses that don’t already exist in your Contacts list. Each time you mark a message as ‘Not Spam’, your contacts list is also automatically updated so that future messages from that sender are received in your inbox. Also, if you use Google+, adding a person to your circle will also add them to your Contacts list in Gmail. If these addresses don’t appear immediately, try waiting a few minutes or signing out of your account and signing back in.